6 Days/5 Nights | 7 Days/6 Nights Marangu route
ENQUIRE THIS TOUR
- Park headquarters
- One of the easiest and most popular summit –bound trails.
- Well-maintained trail furnished with sleeping and dining huts as well as toilet and shower facilities in the main sites (Mandara, Horombo and Kibo), but guests are advised to book well in advance to make reservations.
- Full trek to the summit requires only five days, so this route is cheaper than others.
- Maundi crater offers stunning views of the Pare and Blue Mountains as well as Mawenzi Peak on a clear day.
- Extra day for acclimatization can be spent on day 3 where you can walk to Mawenzi Tarn Hut and back to Horombo for overnight.
DAY 1: Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut – distance: 7kms – duration: 3 – 4hrs up 835m
DAY 2: Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut – distance 11kms – duration: 3-4hrs up to 1000m
DAY 3: Horombo Hut to Zebra Rocks (Acclimatization day) –distance: 5-8km Duration: 3hrs up to 400m then down 400m.
DAY 4: Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut – distance: 12kms – Duration: 5- 6hrs up 983m
DAY 5: Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak to Horombo Hut – distance: 21kms- duration: 12 -14hrs Up 1192m
DAY 6: Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate – distance: 18kms – duration : 5 – 6hrs down1800m then drive to Arusha town, overnight at the selective hotel.
DAY 1: Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut – distance: 7kms- duration: 3-4hrs –up 835m
DAY 2 :Day spent acclimatizing at MandaraHut area.
DAY 3: Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut – distance: 11kms – duration : 5 -6hrs – up 1000m
DAY 4: Horombo Hut to Zebra Rocks (acclimatization day)- distance: 5- 8kms,duration: 3hrs up 400m then descend 400m
DAY 5 :Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut – distance: 12kms – duration: 5 -6hrs up 983m
DAY 6 :Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak – descend to Horombo Hut– distance: 21kms -Duration: 12 -14hrs up 1192m then descend 2175m.
DAY 7: Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate – distance: 18kms – duration: 5 -6hrs then descend 1880m.
- Pick up from Kilimanjaro airport (round trip),
- 2night accommodation at a premium hotel – standard room (bed and breakfast in Moshi – Kilimanjaro)
- All mountain Kilimanjaro entrance fees, hut, camp and rescue fees
- Experienced and professional English-speaking guide and Porters
- Full board -3 meals a day whilst on trek and camping gears
- Tents and mess tent (dining mess)
- First aid kit, Private toilet and Sleeping bag
- Lunch boxes the first day on the mountain and at the last day on descent from the mountain
- Purified water on the mountain (2botlle of water 1.5-liter x 2 = 3litre a day)
- Transfers to and from the mountain gates from and to Moshi
- Your successful International certificate of Mount Kilimanjaro (KINAPA)
- Hot shower tent
- Foam mattress and pillow
- Mountain Hardware Trango 4 tent
- Guides and porters’ salaries
- All Government taxes
- Administration cost
- Drinks, (Alcoholic and non- alcoholic)
- Personal climbing gears,
- Travel Insurance and flight ticket
- Hire of any clothing / equipment, personal toiletry & requirements and All items of a personal nature.
- Water purifying tablets, Insulation pad,
- Boots and light walking shoes
- Balaclava and Woolen hat or Scarf Snow goggles
- Sun glasses
- Gaiters and Gloves -Sweaters
- Jumpers Pants and Jackets (waterproof)
- Water bottle
- Anorak / raincoat & several pairs of socks
- Insect repellent Sun protection cream and lip salve,
- Flash light with spare