6 Days budget camping safaris
ENQUIRE THIS TOUR
Camping safaris ideal is not only for those working on low budget, but desiring to feel close to nature and adventure at heart. The purpose is to give you what are available and seeing the natural wonders of Tanzania. Our campsite set and design unique places where you are able to live side by side with nature. Here with wide variety of natural habitats surrounding woodland and grassland has given rise to a uniquely diverse mixture of birds and animal`s life to experience and explore the wonderful nature.
Budget camping involves traveling with camping gears, your guide and possibly a cook in your vehicle with you. This is an adventure camping safaris typically use the less expensive shared or public campsite, but exclusive campsite with public shower and toilet facilities inside or outside the parks.
Your camping gears are usually mattresses on the floor of a small tent, tables, chairs, Maasai blanket, We have different campsite services from adventure/public, deluxe camping or semi- luxury and luxury campsite/tents which located in superb surrounding. Rooms are tastefully furnished of a very high quality and provide magnificent views over the game parks or good view areas which all rooms offer basic facilities including communal/private toilets, washing area, hot showers & bathroom facilities with unique services.
DAY 1: DAR ES SALAAM – SELOUS GAME RESERVE
Pick up from Dar es Salaam city center and proceed to Selous Game Reserve with picnic lunch. Late afternoon boat safari along the mighty Rufiji River, Dinner and overnight at Rufiji River Camp. You will discover the Rufiji River by boat, encounter hippos and crocodiles in good numbers. Some 350 bird species have been recorded in the Selous Game Reserve. These are typical of miombo woodlands, and the bird life supported by swamplands is of particular interest. D/O at budget campsite.
DAY 2: GAME DRIVE IN SELOUS GAME RESERVE
You will have a full day in the Selous Game Reserve exploration of the Reserve by 4 wheel drive vehicle; will permit you to have good photographic opportunities and the chance to explore different sections of vast park. Dinner and overnight at Rufiji River Camp. The Selous Game Reserve is the largest in Africa, covering 54,600 square kilometer. Selous Game Reserve famous for its hippos and elephants. Other species commonly seen are lions, wild dogs, buffaloes, bushbuck, impalas, elands, baboons, zebras and greater kudus. It was originally set aside as a hunting area where animals are abundant but more shy than the Northern Parks.
DAY 3: SELOUS GAME RESERVE – MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK
After early breakfast, you will start with morning walking safari, Later proceed to Mikumi National Park with picnic lunch, Dinner and overnight at Vuma Hills Tented Camp. Walking safari will give you a particularly intimate feel for the African wilds. It starts in the morning with a guidance of an armed ranger, takes 2 hours before you meet the driver at the reserve gate. Walking safaris offer a good chance of seeing giraffe, zebra, elephant, and good birding. The journey to Mikumi is the most amazing and truly wild and untouched areas of Tanzania. The drive will take you up into the Uluguru Mountains by unpaved roads, across rivers and past small local villages and farms. The drive is tiring but possibly the most rewarding and adventurous on the Tanzania Tourist Circuit.
DAY 4: MIKUMI NATIONAL PARK – RUAHA NATIONAL PARK
After an early breakfast morning game drives of the Mikumi Park with picnic lunch at 10:00hrs depart for Ruaha. Dinner and overnight at Ruaha River Camp. With 3,230 square kilometers coverage Mikumi National Park is well-known park in Tanzania. The park is well-known for its population of elephants, giraffes buffaloes, zebras, elands, and greater Kudu, wildebeest, roan and sable antelope. Predators include tree-climbing lions (which are in large number), leopards, wild hunting dogs and black-backed jackal. More than 300 species of birds have been recorded here including Eurasian migrants such as red billed woodpecker, marabou storks and lilac breasted roller.
DAY 5: GAME DRIVE IN RUAHA NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast full day game drives in Ruaha National Park, Dinner and overnight at Ruaha River Camp which is built overlooking the Great Ruaha River and blends into its natural surroundings to enable visitors to feel themselves part of the wild.
DAY 6: RUAHA NATIONAL PARK – DAR ES SALAAM.
After breakfast, drive with your picnic lunch to Dar es Salaam. Arrival in Dar es Salaam, perfect time for beach leisure in Mafia or Zanzibar, while connecting international flight back to home
- An outstanding English-speaking professional safari guide with vast knowledge of Tanzania, its wildlife and cultures
- Exclusive use of a fully equipped, well-maintained Toyota Land Cruiser with pop-up roof For wildlife viewing and shade from the sun
- An English-speaking professional safari chef to prepare all meals and prepare at the lodge
- Full board -service for lodge accommodations
- Bottled water, coffee and tea in safari vehicle
- All meals except where noted as on your own
- All entrance and other fees (including applicable government taxes and levies) for parks
- Pick-up and drop-off at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Full access to Africa Unique Safaris staff via email to assist with pre-trip preparations
- Tips for safari driver guide, safari and other service providers (Driver or guide gratuities)
- Beverages other than bottled water, coffee and tea in the safari vehicle
- Airport tax (International and pay direct)
- Entrance or other fees for activities noted as optional
- Tourist visas, vaccinations, malaria tablets, travel insurance
- Personal expenses (e.g. laundry, Internet access, souvenirs, spa services)
- See General Terms & Conditions for more information